Brew is used
to install applications for macOS. The kind of applications that it can be used to install, are Unix, and GUI.app applications. An example of a Unix application is nginx, or any other Linux, or BSD application. An example of a GUI.app macOS application, is google chrome, or any application, in the Applications folder...
- so certbot!? Eh!
what is that really
? is it some kind of certification bot?
- well, hmm, how to put it ? hmm, do you have? do you have some sort of local development server ?
- as in installing nginx, WordPress, MySQL, flask ... as shown in this
- exactly! And it is as simple, as wanting to have ssl locally, maybe as a requirement, or to test something ...
- so, is this an installation, or what's that?
- yeh, a quick installation, some concepts to catch, some stuff to do, so ...
- let us do it, :P.
- okay, grosso modo, we will be using Cygwin, as the backend for installing our development stack.